EXPANSION AND MOBILIZATION
- Do you consider your institution sustainable in terms of members’ participation?
- No, we must make an effort to increase the number of team members.
- Partially yes
- At the statutory level, the movement has a perennial model since it is supposed to operate at the diocesan level on a daily basis. Currently, there are a lot of online interactions. It is difficult to increase subscription fees by members although on ad hoc calls for member support. Financially the movement is quite weak.
- Yes, thanks in particular to the membership of new members, who have graduated from university.
- Not quite stable, but we have started and continue to educate our members for self-sufficiency from member contributions.
- More or less stable
- In future, yes, but not at the moment, because we have limited membership which we are only trying to grow.
- Once the members understand the elements and objectives of the movement, there is high possibility of full participation of members in the movement
ZACP: No, this is because on paper we are a number but few are active.
ICMICA GH: Yes
CPT: Yes. But more effort is still needed.
Do you have plans to ensure longevity or growth/expansion of the movement?
MIIC CI: The only plan that can exist is to rethink our movement, in terms of activities and governance
MCCG: It is being finalized.
MIIC BU: Not established yet
MIIC DRC: Yes
MCCP Mada: Yes
ICMICA GH: yes
CPT: Yes, we have some plans from parishes, Dioceses and at National level.
What are those plans?
- Formalize the movement to make it into a development NGO
- Restructure the administration of the movement by modeling it on that of an international NGO
- Set up a project team to write projects and seek funding for regional and country-specific projects
- Emphasize the human, technical, doctrinal and social formation of members
- There are plans to build a more dynamic national team and a stable diocese. This is by ensuring that the next national team has good representation from all regions and is made up of diocesan representatives.
- There is a plan to create a 5-10 year strategic plan that would give direction to the movement
- An extensive financial sustainability plan with sustained membership dues and an investment plan.
- It is planned to set up a national secretariat for the coordination of the program and the mobilization of resources.
- The Statutes and the tradition of the Miic-RDC provide for the entry of new members, whether they come from the Miec or other movements of the Church (Jeci, Jeunesse du Monde, etc.). However, the transition from Miec to Miic is not automatic, because the context of commitment is different between student fervor and professional responsibility. In addition, the testimony during the passage to the Miec is important.
- Visiting existing teams
- Chaplain training
- Development of a team handbook: a guide for each team and each member
- For the moment the MIIC Togo is active only in the archdiocese of Lomé.
- The attempt to create cells inside the country in the other dioceses especially where there are universities like in Kara should be strengthened.
- Also meetings between members and their families with solidarity visits to their homes should be further promoted.
- Finalize MIIC Togo’s strategic plan.
- We hope to initiate monthly meetings at all levels and annual programs at the national level which would steer the members and intending members to action and enhance growth.
- Engaging the students’ movements in our institution (YCS, CSO, NMCS).
- Reaching out to students’ movements (YCS, CSO, NMCS) so that they should have full knowledge of ICMICA for better understanding of the objectives of the movement.
- We are recruiting from our student movement as well as from different parishes
- We ask each member to endeavour to recruit at least one member from their parish. Talk about ZACP in their SCC and be able to offer services according to their professional at their parish so as to have visibility in church activities.
- To have Pax Romana ICMICA in all Parishes
- To have Diocesan/Regional ICMICA groups
- Plan a National Congress
- Sub-professional meetings (eg, National Catholic Engineers Association Congress)
- Recruiting more number of youth especially TMCS Members
- Encouraging women participation especially at Diocese and Parish level
- Emphasizing each basic group to have specific apostolic programe so that members may have something to do (where to commit themselves).