The thematic that lead the activities of ICMICA revolve around the following areas:
- Protecting the Family and households
- Pursuing Economic and Ecological justice
- Politics as Social Charity
- Migration and human trafficking
- Ethics, leadership, and missionary discipleship
- Education and health
Positioning ICMICA within the SDGs paradigm across Africa:
- Promoting food security and poverty reduction in Africa in the face of post-Covid 19: Southern Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Eastern Africa especially Ethiopia, Tigray Eritrea region, Burundi IRFA Cote d’Ivoire, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Madagascar. In support of (SDG 1,2, 6, 8, 10)
- Impact investing in households hit by covid19 across the continent (job creation and trading with money) to respond to SDGs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, and 16.
- Migration/ Refugees across the Sahara, the horn of Africa by collaborating in research with JRS, UNHCR, EU…. etc. (Vatican Migration/Peace, IMBISA, CEREAO, RECOWA, AMECEA, and SECAM)
- Peace Building, inter-religious dialogue, and Conflict Mitigation: collaborating with civil society groups already established here to promote peace and interreligious dialogue with EU Partners. (SDG 16, 17),
- Impact of war, climate change, disaster on women and children. (SDG 5, 13)
Safeguarding child’s welfare and dignity
International Catholic Movement for Intellectuals and Cultural Affairs
Pax Romana Africa (ICMICA Africa), commits to:
- Ensure child’s welfare is respected. That all concerns and statements that confirm or deny facts and require proof must be investigated thoroughly and acted upon in accordance with the existing policies and procedures.
- Ensure full participation of children: we shall support them by making them feel valuable by actively listening to them and being respectful.
- Ensure that every staff member (including volunteers and interns) will have access to our policy document on safeguarding and be conversant with their duties and responsibilities.
To download our safeguarding policy