MOUVEMENT DES INTELLECTUELS CATHOLIQUES DE TOGO
MIIC PAX ROMANA – TOGO was created in 2005 on the initiative of certain former members of the student branch of PAX ROMANA at the University of Lomé. He obtained canonical recognition from the Metropolitan Archbishop of Lomé, Mgr Denis AMUZU-DZAKPAH. In the diocesan organization chart of Catholic associations, MIIC PAX ROMANA -TOGO is a Diocesan Office linked to the Diocesan Direction of Works with around forty other associations which have DDOL as chaplain.
At its beginnings, the movement was composed and animated by a dozen loyal members who will be joined progressively by other members co-opted by them.
Since its creation and to this day, the movement maintains excellent relations with the local clergy and enjoys a good rating with other lay associations operating under the supervision of the DDOL.
SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT
- Training and capacity building on the following themes:
- The history, commitments and values of PAX ROMANA
- Organization and time management
- Project development and study
- Christian education in light of the texts of the Catholic Church
- Understanding the encyclical “CARITAS IN VERITATE”
- Christian leadership and good governance
- With some of these training courses:
- Restitution in parishes and to target groups
- Religious activities (own initiative and compulsory activities of the DDOL)
- Spiritual retreats
- Annual celebration of the Diocesan Day of Divine Mercy
- Difficulty recruiting new members and mobilizing members
- Difficulty mobilizing resources (ordinary, extraordinary contributions, etc.)
- Difficulties in meeting statutory commitments to the chaplain.
- Competition from other members of movements and associations of executives and intellectuals.
- Lack of regular spiritual support
- The unavailability of members
- The diversity and socio-professional status of members
- Have an ecclesiastical supporter (chaplain) appointed
- Register the movement with a view to having a legal basis
- Recruit more members
- Carry out actions to promote the movement with a view to ensuring better visibility.