LAY FORMATION – INTRODUCTION TO THEOLOGY
The Pax Romana ICMICA, in keeping with its duties and responsibilities, has been set to guide its membership in Africa and the diaspora. The guidance among other issues focuses on formation and spirituality, active and purposeful engagement in the social spheres, sustainability of the organization, and collaborative ministry with other bodies and agencies intra and extra Church.
It was observed that many of the lay people lack the knowledge and understanding of the Church Liturgy, Sacraments, Doctrines, Church Structure, etc. Many do not know how to read and interpret the Bible. Formation and accompaniment for the Professionals are vital for the Church to stay relevant in its mission in the current world.
To support the mission and ministry of the laity professionals within the Catholic Church, their families, and workplaces through theological formation.
The objectives of the Theological Training are:
- To help lay professionals nurture their spiritual growth and deepen their encounter with God,
- To reinforce their capacities to be able to address various social issues using the tools provided by the Catholic Church,
- To train lay leaders on a solid theological and spiritual formation, capable of establishing good collaboration at all levels and of carrying out their social mission well, showing the values and position of the Catholic Church in their daily commitments.
08 sessions of 02 hours (02 sessions a month)
The training will be in English and French
For more information, contact email@example.com or reach out to +254718713370
To participate, kindly, register here
The basic knowledge of theology in a few areas
- Bible, the main source of theological knowledge: how do we read and understand the Bible? A brief history of the Bible, How do we interpret and analyze the words of God (what to take literally and what we should not?).
- Systematic Doctrine of the Catholic Church: why does the Church teach the way She teaches? Why do we do what we do in the Church?
- Social Doctrine of the Church and ethics: ethical questions, family, economics, the dignity of the Human Person, Politics (how should lay Catholics engage in?), etc.
- Ecclesiology: what is the place of the lay in the Church? What are the pastoral missions of the lay faithful, especially the lay professionals?