TERMS OF REFERENCES OF THE YOUTH AMBASSADORS
This is to clarify the roles and responsibilities of the youth ambassadors of ICMICA Africa at a national and continental level.
Mission and responsibilities:
- Connect young graduates to the community of young professionals in their respective countries.
- Support the transition of young graduates from the students’ movement to the professional movement: develop and implement campaign strategies.
- Organize training sessions to help young graduates know about ICMICA and the professional movement in their respective countries.
- Work closely with the national executive of IMCS, IYCS and other group to ensure a smooth transition to the professional movement.
- In collaboration with the continental ambassadors, develop and organize regional activities and training programs that support the development of young professionals.
- Act as young professionals’ spokespersons or advocates to defend the interests and agenda of young people.
- Represent the young professionals in any Regional or International Youth Forum and actively participate in related activities.
- Find opportunities to collaborate with other Young Professional Movements and like-minded organizations to support the agenda of young people.
- Develop surveys to seek feedback and views of the young professionals and to learn more about them; present the findings and the recommendations to the regional team and the national leaders of ICMICA.
- Draft position letters, and statements on behalf of the young professionals on a special matter that affect the youth that requires public and authorities’ attention.
- Reach out to local media to talk about the issues facing young people entering the workforce.
- Promote social media and video campaigns to gain attention on youth matters, promote the organization, and empower other youths.
Terms and mandate
- The mandate of a national youth ambassador is 02 years renewable.
- The national leaders of ICMICA in each country appoint the first youth ambassadors. Young professionals will elect the next ones.
- The mandate of the Pan African Ambassadors is 04 years. They are appointed by the executive team of ICMICA Africa.
- The role of a youth ambassador should not interfere with the role of the executive of ICMICA at a national level.
- The position of a youth ambassador does not hold a political or a statutory power within the organization. However, they can influence statutory change through the national structure.
- The role of an ambassador is on a voluntary basis. However, when an ambassador is tasked to represent the organization, the ambassador on the mission will be supported/facilitated by the movement that sent him/her.
- Leadership skills
- Intercultural understanding
- Ability to communicate effectively and grasp Global Perspectives
- A strong capacity to network and be part of a global community
- A deep understanding of youth’s needs and interests
- Better understanding of Pax Romana and its structure
- Passionate about the continuous learning and skills development